Industrial shredders are highly useful for businesses. Various products serving numerous applications such as food storage containers, electronic items, toys, hospital equipment, etc. can be created raw materials.
Plastic shredders help in reducing the amount which would have been spent on acquiring raw material by reusing waste plastic instead. Hence, if your business is about creating materials from plastic, then a plastic shredder will be highly beneficial to you.
Key features of plastic shredders
The shredders are available in power models ranging from max 1250 HP to min 50 HP. Most of the shredders include these features:
- Heavy-duty machinery.
- Minimal noise levels.
- Mechanisms are available in one, two or four shafts.
- The machines allow users to customize it according to their business requirements.
- Heavy-duty structure.
How do plastic shredders help your business in waste management?
- Industries generate tons of waste while manufacturing gadgets and products. A shredder’s job is to recover and reuse this waste material. This way, businesses can reduce costs and save money instead.
- Raw material generated from a plastic shredder is a better alternative to purchasing new material.
- Some businesses sell raw plastic material to other organizations for a profit.
- Shredding plastic is a brilliant method of recycling waste material that eases the burden of existing recycling costs.
- These shredders are especially useful in maintaining privacy for businesses that regularly destroy sensitive documentation such as floppy disks, pen drives, CDs, etc.
What are the benefits of using industrial shredders and Plastic Shredders in your business?
Your organization can benefit from turning scraps such as vinyl, pipes, etc., into valuable resources. To ensure top-notch efficiency, you must evaluate the kind of shredder you require for your business. Our industrial shredders provide various benefits such as:
- Cost-savings: Organizations can cut down manufacturing costs and focus on increasing profits. A lot of waste is generated when new products . By reusing the raw material acquired from shredding waste, organizations save money.
- New revenue stream: Raw material generated from shredded waste can be sold to other businesses. By reducing the waste to flakes and chips, they have many uses from being fillers to insulation material.
- Public relations: Customers prefer to give their business to organizations that make efforts to preserve the environment. The shredders are eco-friendly. Through effective CSR, organizations can align their business goals and customer needs together.
- Recycling: Recycling commercial waste is an expensive affair everywhere in the world. However, organizations equipped with their own personal shredders can recycle their own waste.
- The number of hours required to burn plastic drastically reduces.
How do I select the right Plastic Shredders according to my enterprise’s requirements?
The type of shredder you employ at your organization will entirely depend on what you are about to discard. The internal mechanism and the speed of a shredder vary according to the material. These are the designs available in the market today:
- Grinder: The grinder shredder grinds large equipment into tiny fragments with a half-inch diameter. There are two types of grinders:
- Tub grinder: Used to grind wide objects.
- Horizontal grinder: Can grind anything smoothly and consistently as it is equipped with a conveyer belt.
- Chipper: High-speed knives reduce the plastic to chips.
- Granulator: Plastic waste is turned into minute fragments or granules through the many blades attached to the motor.
- Industrial Slitter: Cuts down huge plastic blocks to smaller, manageable ones. There are two kinds of industrial slitters:
- Roll slitter: Large, circular blades cut through the junk.
- Slitter rewinder: The dimensions of the junk are cut through.
- Hammer Mill: Plastic waste is pulverized in a rotary drum here.
- Single Shaft: Waste is recycled through one shaft which is equipped with rotary blades.
- Double Shaft: Two shafts are equipped with shear blades. Large volumes can be shredded simultaneously.
- Triple Shaft: Materials are screened before being distributed evenly in the shredder. The three blades provide three different speeds which result in a continuous output.
- Four Shaft: It consists of four rollers and four knife rollers. Different levels of shredding occur simultaneously.
What materials can I shred in the shredder?
Although plastic waste is the top material to benefit from the shredders, there are other kinds of materials that can also be shredded. They are:
Rubbers: Tires are a good example of rubber waste. With a shredder, the tires can be recycled once it is shredded into 2-6 inch shreds.
Metals: Metal shredders tear down large pieces of metal and cut them down into usable chunks. These shredders come in a variety of HP and sizes; some are capable of even shredding automobiles.
Textile Fabric: Various fabric materials regardless of whether they are naturally woven, synthetic or artificial can be shredded. The fabrics are shredded by tearing them down to single fibers and flakes.
Biomass: Biomass is now an important source of renewable energy for Australia and other nations worldwide. The feedstock is transformed into particles that themselves have various applications.
Paper: The majority of businesses worldwide use paper shredders in their facilities. Organizations do not want sensitive material getting leaked out. Hence, shredders are used to destroy confidential documents.
Discarded Medical Products: Some examples of medical waste include syringes, needles, glucose bottles, etc. These materials need to be shredded properly before it is sent to disposal.
As you can see, industrial shredders provide you with a multitude of benefits. Get in touch with us today at www.appliedmachinery.com.au with your requirements and we shall be happy to assist you.